Converting an ugly outbuilding to an attractive secure garage
We were recently asked to convert a disused concrete block outbuilding into a secure dry garage area.
The customer wanted the building to look rustic as it could be seen from the main house.
As we like a challenge at Tilehurst Roofing we proposed a specification and proceeded to carry out the works.
The Conversion Job
To deliver this unusual project, we needed all our experience in roofing and general building works. Here’s what we did:
- Remove rotten joists, roof and ceiling.
- Remove the glass from the rusted casement windows and clean out years of debris from inside the building.
- Fit a new stronger timber decked lean too roof and finish in Green/Grey high tensile felt.
- Clean window frames back to bare metal, prime undercoat and gloss.
- Fit new toughened glass.
- Clean off the concrete block walls and seal, fit new battens and pre-treated timber cladding to cover the whole building.
- Remove the rusted sliding doors, clean up the metal runners and service the doors.
- Paint the newly prepared doors.
- Make good and repair the rough cut cladding.
- Extend the window sills.
And we completed all the works in a week, and think the outcome is rather good for this rustic garage conversion!
Here is what we started with!
And this is how it looked when we’d finished!
We are now carrying out major works to the large barn roof at the same property.
Back to news